Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, July 29, 2011

Surprise! We're pregnant!

Here's the story:
So Aaron and I have been trying for almost 2 years now and had 3 painful miscarriages. We recently decided to stop actively trying. And BAM, we're pregnant. One morning, I decided to take a test because something was off. Something didn't quite feel right. So I was sittin' there thinking, "there's just no way. I'm just taking this test to take it, and I'll move on. I know what it will say". Then I looked back at where I had placed the test. "nope. WAIT! what?!" And there before my very eyes, were two dark lines! I cried some happy tears and then immediately called Aaron. I so wanted to tell him in a special way, but we've tried so hard for so long, that I couldn't contain myself and wait till he got home from work. So I called. I told him he was gonna be a DAD! He goes, "what?!" and I told him again. He kind of giggled while saying "that's great!" I think we were both just shocked. We talked for a bit about the news and exchanged I love you's. 
And then I called my mom, who was at the grocery store. I asked if she had a second. And I told her that she may want to stop what she was doing for a second. (that must have scared her. Sorry mom!). I told her, and she was so excited for us. Then I told her not to tell anyone yet. So directly after she tells the cashier. That's my mom for ya....just couldn't contain herself, even though I JUST told her to not tell anyone ;) 
Then I called my Dad. I asked him if he had a minute. I asked him if he wanted to be a Papa or a Grandpa? HAHA he goes, "Whaaaat? You're just a little girl!" He was just joking, of course :) He was very happy for us and excited. Later on in the conversation, I said, "you didn't answer my question. What do you want to be called?" He says, "let's just stick with 'Dad' for now" lol...ok dad. Get ready Grandpa!
I let Aaron tell his family when he was ready to. 

Needless to say, Aaron and I are ecstatic that we're going to be a mommy and daddy to someone finally. We've waited a long time for this, and it's finally happening. It's unbelievable. 

p.s. I will update as often as I can. I am going to keep most of my pregnancy stuff off of Facebook because I know that I am not the only one that has struggled with infertility. I am very sensitive to that, so I am not going to blast this all over Facebook for everyone to see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment