Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Doctor visits...

My favorite part about going to see the doctor (besides actually meeting with my doctor) is watching all the pregnant women going in and out of the waiting room door to use the restroom. It's kind of a fun game. Like, who's next?!

Today, Aaron FINALLY got to meet Dr. Byrne. Well, needless to say, he won Aaron over with his sarcastic humor. They better not get all sarcastic-y and jokey in the delivery room! I WILL HURT SOMEONE. Aaron, my love, this is your first formal warning. Don't piss off the pregnant lady, ok? ;)

So the last week and a half has brought about some new pain...sciatic nerve pain in my left side. It's constant and it sucks. But I really can't complain. So doc has put me on even MORE rest than I was before. I REALLY want to work out. I think swimming would be ok though. No lifting of nerve pain in the water! His rules are, no lifting more than 10 lbs, no pushing or pulling anything more than 10 lbs, and I have to sit and rest ever 30 mins. OH and I have to sleep on my right side only. That's gonna be a challenge since I'm a mover. Within the last few days, I have found that I can no longer sleep on my stomach. That's kind of a tragedy since it's what I do to help myself fall asleep if I'm having trouble. But now it's painful. That limits me to side and back sleeping. And I hear that it's only a matter of time before sleeping on my back becomes painful. yay. So until my sciatic nerve pain subsides a bit, I am limited to my right side and back for now. yippie.

But I can't be anything more than thankful. I'd rather have pain all over than to have no baby at all. I just can't wait for my little prize at the end.

2 comments:

  1. I think you need a little visit with Gabe. He deals with sciatic prego issues all the time. ....Still so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I asked my doc if I could get chiropractic care and he said no! Said it would create more pain in my back by making me sore. So I don't know!

    ReplyDelete